Braces for Adults in Houston, TX
Orthodontics is not just for children and teens. In fact, 1 in every 5 patients in orthodontic treatment is an adult. No one is too old for orthodontic treatment! Dr. Pulver has treated patients in their 50s, 60s and even their 70s. It is never too late to gain the smile you have always wanted.
Adults seek orthodontic treatment for many of the same reasons as children. Some adults had orthodontic problems as children but were unable to correct them until now. Others, who had orthodontic treatment as children, may need further treatment as adults due to relapse or limitations in initial treatment.
There are several types of orthodontic treatment to consider. When you come in for your free consultation, Dr. Pulver will work with you to consider the best course of action.
Benefits of Treatment
Adults can benefit from orthodontic treatment in the following ways:
- Align the teeth to create a more aesthetic and beautiful smile
- Correct relapse after previous orthodontic treatment due to lack of long term retainer wear
- Improve the ability to brush and floss, especially for crowded or overlapping lower front teeth
- Create a better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Address missing teeth
- Close spaces between the teeth
- Reduce excessive wear on the teeth due to grinding or poor bite
- Jaw surgery to correct discrepancy between the upper and lower jaws.
I'm Interested in Adult Braces!